Monday, June 4, 2012

Cow Shrine finally finished.




This pendant was made as a "cow temple". I suppose quite a personal piece. I  made it as a tribute to  Gopastami (the cow holiday) that is celebrated in India. I just think its so wonderful that they have a day dedicated to cows. My little cow is standing on the alter ready to be "worshiped". The cow is rather small and therefore may seem insignificant standing there, but i like to think of it as this big fuss (the rest of the pendant) that's been created around this cow. I used as little hot work as possible (for eco vibe) and set the front into the back, so the design on the back was originally for practicality, but turned out looking way better then the plain back.(Excuse my lens in the pic, not sure how to eliminate that). I spent what felt like a gazillion hrs making a lllloonnnggg chain for the pendant, for it to hang low. It turned out to not really suit it, so for now its on a belchar chain but have started another variation of the original chain that i think will be better suited.

Original chain.

The new one.

 Now that i thought this pendant was finished I've realized its not.... The front of it needs more contrast, I've highly polished the frame and glass brushed the inside, but its still all too white, I am going to blacken the back, leaving the pierced layered mandala white and frame polished. Although jewellery blackening solution is liver of sulfur - Nasty stuff... so i will find an alternative. Will post new pic once I've done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniela-Designed: Handmade Jewellery Art

My photo
My intention is to make earth-friendly jewellery with nature as my primary reference.
Planting Season