Thursday, June 14, 2012

Egg- The Eco friendly alternative to Liver of Sulphur

So never been quite so excited about egg (other than when I've had a few too many glasses of wine the night before :)). I came across a site called ''Finishings dot com''... and through a conversations thread by jewellers found this out-
The trick here is easy peasy, hard boil an egg, break the shell and squash it a little. Then leave it for a day in an air tight container with the piece of jewellery. If the piece has not been polished it blackens in a couple of hours, if its polished it take a little longer. The areas you don't want blackened cover with tape, i used masking tape but with the moisture from the egg it just peeled off. The solder joints stayed white, but will see with my next test. This is how my test pieces turned out ;) Now to use it on actual jewellery.


the back 1 is fine silver and the front one is 925. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniela-Designed: Handmade Jewellery Art

My photo
My intention is to make earth-friendly jewellery with nature as my primary reference.
Planting Season