Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wearable plants.


Pot Plant Ring. 2009. 925, soil, rock rose.
 I made this piece at the end of  3rd yr. The concept - a conscious piece of jewellery. To successfully wear this ring you would have to remain aware(hand flat,palm facing down) at all times. If you forgot and moved  your hand (the way we do in everyday life)-the soil and plant would fall out. A practice in conscious awareness.

I came across a British jeweller and full time lecturer-  Jo Pond. This piece below "Windmill neckpiece" is part of her narrative collection. I haven't been able to find any writing on what this piece is about, but I love the concept of a hanging flower basket. It gave me the idea of turning a pot plant into a neck-piece. If i had to explain the feeling of this piece in one word id use "delicate" , but that is not my aim at all when i manufacture. I relate to this piece only as an idea. The jewellery i make is often quite chunky. 


Jo Pond, "windmill neckpiece".




My flower pot necklace in progress.Experimenting with a simple way to impressionize the flower, possibly through the use of colour.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniela-Designed: Handmade Jewellery Art

My photo
My intention is to make earth-friendly jewellery with nature as my primary reference.
Planting Season