Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Working backwards...


The aloe excitement is still up..... I'm designing around the silhouette aloe earrings- I started with the simplest interpretation of the plant, and then realized i should have started by trying to reproduce the real deal first, and then simplify/stylize. So I've put these earrings (temporarily) on hold .

I've started by making a couple of miniature fine silver aloes, They've got a fun feel i think. Because they're sharp and spiky- they're not so well suited for jewellery, but they're a perfect fit for the pot plant concept. Since i made my first "pot plant ring" , I've wanted to make a series to go with it. So now finally, thanks to our "flourish" exhibition in 2 weeks time... my next one is in the making.

a quick sketch before i had decided go go with aloes.
my aloe in the making....

One of my flower boxes at home.
 My own flower box, work in progress.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniela-Designed: Handmade Jewellery Art

My photo
My intention is to make earth-friendly jewellery with nature as my primary reference.
Planting Season